In response to the growing needs of community nonprofits, the Nonprofit Resource Center opened in the spring of 2019 as a collaborative partnership among the Community Foundation for Ocala/Marion County, City of Ocala, Marion County, the Marion County Hospital District and Advent Health. Located strategically off US 441 just outside of Downtown Ocala, the Resource Center provides solutions to nonprofits in need of various levels of assistance. From financial services and granting opportunities to professional development and even board and committee meeting space, the Nonprofit Resource Center and their partners are building a stronger community.
Nonprofit Resource Center Programs
Grant Services – The first service offered by the Nonprofit Resource Center available to nonprofit and community partners is the grant services division. With a passion to bring additional dollars into the community, the grant services team is available to research available grants from around the nation and pair nonprofit needs with potential funding sources. The grant services team provides:
- Strategic grant planning
- Prospecting from over 140,000 grant makers and their focus areas
- Grant writing and editing
- Setting up of evaluation and data collection plans
- Reporting assistance
- Site Visit support
To get started with the grant services team, 501 (c)(3) nonprofits should schedule an initial complimentary discovery meeting or call (352) 622-5020 ext. 103. Following that meeting, the team will:
- Research the nonprofit’s specific needs
- Present a client proposal including fee schedule of services
- Upon signing the agreement, the team will create a work plan and proceed to find grants to potentially meet the needs.
Prior to applying for grants, nonprofits should have financials readily available and properly formatted, program details and outcomes, program needs and staffing plans, strategic focus.
Other Nonprofit Resource Center Services
As the Nonprofit Resource Center grows, so do the opportunities available to nonprofits in the Marion County, Florida community. In addition to the grant services division, the Nonprofit Resource Center also offers
- Strategic planning support for nonprofits – Offered complimentary through scholarships available to smaller nonprofits, the team of available independent strategic planning consultants through the Nonprofit Resource Center assists in visioning and mapping plans to help nonprofits go from point A to point B and beyond.
- Finance and Accounting Counseling – Is your nonprofit having issues with record keeping of donations, financial accounting and bookkeeping? Through partnerships with several banks and CPA firms, our team will gladly offer wise counsel in financial and accounting related matters to help ease some of the burden. Schedule an appointment.
- Nonprofit technical assistance – Whether you are exploring the idea of starting a nonprofit or navigating your way through paperwork and state and federal guidelines to maintain your nonprofit status, our team can help give answers to your questions.
- Professional development – Offered monthly through the NonProfit Business Council nearly every third Tuesday, guest speakers share on topics impacting nonprofits in our community. Coming in 2020 will be additional in-house professional development trainings on topics such as accounting, communications, human resources and more.
- Capacity building tools – Looking to diversify your nonprofit’s funding streams? Interested in offering a new program or service? We are here to offer advice, recommendations and connections to help your nonprofit build capacity.
- Community partnership services – Through an extensive network in and around Ocala/Marion County, the Nonprofit Resource Center can help connect nonprofits to the community. In the for-profit, public and nonprofit sectors, our connections stretch across the County. Let us help you build your network.
- Board and Committee meeting space for NonProfit Business Council members – We offer a board room that seats 16 or a committee room that seats six. If you’re looking for space for a meeting, we have space available for you to consider.
A Strong Future Ahead
The Nonprofit Resource Center founding partners continuously analyze the needs of the community and understand the potential growth ahead. Based on the needs of the community and nonprofit partners, future services planned for the Nonprofit Resource Center include:
- Board development – From assisting you build your board matrix and recruit new board members to offering your board trainings and resources, we are here for you.
- Communications/Public Relations Counseling – Want to get your nonprofit’s message out but don’t know how to do it? Have limited resources and time to create the messaging you want to offer? Our communications team will take that burden from you.
- Nonprofit/For-profit CEO mentoring Program – An exciting new endeavor will link available and willing executives from the for-profit sector to nonprofit executive directors and CEOs in a unique mentorship capacity. More details coming soon!
- Fund development services – The Nonprofit Resource Center offers fund development assistance and training for nonprofit development teams, assisting to identify funding streams and increase capacity within their nonprofits.
- Prospective board member connection – Looking for a new board member in a specific business sector, particular demographic or designated location in the community? We will have a “prospective board member bank” to link enthusiastic and engaged people with your mission.
To learn more about partnering to build a stronger community, call (352) 622-5020 or contact us today.